In partnership with Purdue University China Center and Shanghai Jiao Tong University, the Confucius Institute at Purdue (CIP) promotes Chinese programs and studies on China, initiates and fosters Chinese language and cultural programs to serve Purdue University, the Greater Lafayette community and the State of Indiana by providing value-added information and expertise on Chinese culture and language education in business, global engineering and tourism for academic programs, research project teams, community outreach and K-12 schools.
Courtesy and produced by Xue Dong, student of Brian Lamb School of Communication, Purdue University, December 7, 2012.
- Collaboration with Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Agreement Signed by Hanban and Purdue in October 2006
- Opening Ceremony on May 14, 2007
- First CI in the State of Indiana /First CI to Target the Culture/Language of International Business and Global Engineering
- Collaborations with Krannert School of Management, College of Engineering, College of Liberal Arts, College of Human and Health Sciences, and local K-12 schools.